THE ACCIDENT.
![]() |
| RAPE |
" Jane run!!!" He screamed repeatedly. Of course I was running who would believe I never participated in any sporting activities while in school. I could remember how Uncle Convenant had forced me in JSS One to engage in a relay race. Thank God the others could run well o. As the starter, I almost ruined the game for my team. I wasn't fat neither was I fit. Sport was just not my thing. Then what was? My dear I don't know maybe you could help me figure that out.
Today, everything was different. My heart was beating faster than 130 bpm (you know I'm not a science student). I felt so much pressure from it but there was no choice.
Now I understood why Mama had always asked me to apply more force to the pestle while pounding. The force keeps you going and strengthen each muscle.
If there was a cheetah , I would beat it in this game. My life depended on each move, each thrust would save me from this danger. But the more I ran, the closer they came. If only there was a cave I would dive into it and learn to never not be afraid.
Like a strayed fowl I found myself in the pit. Worse, I could not feel my legs. They wouldn't move. "NO!" I screamed trying to find my voice. Was this the 'shadow of death?' If it was, I needed a light. I deserved a second chance to make everything right. I would live and tell it all.
"Please!" I screamed again. Hot tears streaming down my cheeks like rains in its season. I hear whispers and men approaching. Though it was faint, I felt they were able bodied and their steps spoke of terror. They were coming to harm me. I needed to get out of this place quickly.
" Bring the syringe quickly" I heard someone say. Oh no, they want to inject me. " Help! " I shouted this time finding my voice.
"Calm down, I'm here" I heard a familiar voice say. Opening my terrified eyes, I found Joshua. Then it occurred to me that I had been dreaming.
But where was I? Oh not again ! I was at his clinic. Last night at the hotel, someone came to my room.
The figure was a Male and he did not knock but opened the door himself. I was lying on the bed almost naked.
See I do not like dressing up to bed. It is called bed not a date dear. Those night wears are just not my thing. At least for some time in a day, I should be able to see my bare self.
I could not make out his face because the hotel light went off and I could not reach out for my phone on time. But I think he should be about 6.2 feet tall just like Innocent , he wore a face cap and an eye glass so it would be difficult to describe him. I should have asked who he was and why he came to my room. But I doubt he would have replied.
Folding myself in the sheets was all I thought of first. Then I discreetly grabbed the pocket sized knife I kept on the lamp stool (there was no lamp on it).
Osas had thought me self defence when we were dating. I really wish he could see I never forgot anything he taught me even though he had dragged me out of his heart.
The male figure got closer and I could tell he wanted to rape me.
He was so firm and aggressive. But the hands felt familiar. Without any defence, I let him grab my legs forcing them to open. I guess he thought I was an easy catch or I needed it.
Before he could go any further, I decided to play a little game.
I placed my right hand on his neck and whispered into his ears "please be gentle with me" Oh how his heart must have smiled.
As he loosed his belt, my inner goddess smiled at this opportunity. With all agility, I thrusted the knife in his rib cage.
Like a wounded lion, I watched him groan in pains. I could have reached further. But for all the sins I have committed, murder should not be recorded. So I ran to the door but he had locked it , changed the password. " Who was this guy ?" My phone! I should call Joshua, the security or even see his face.
As I grabbed my bag, I felt a sharp bang on my head. He must have hit me so hard that I was unconscious. I remember his glasses dropped and he whispered "sorry" but I just can't make the face.
Now I'm here in this Clinic wondering who that could have been. Obviously whoever he was, he knew me and was pained.
"How do you feel now ?" Joshua asked. What can I say? I just feigned a smile still wondering how I was Rescued. I would ask him for the details but first I needed to be home. My roomates must be bothered.
Read Series 1, Episode 4
