A drop of tear isn't all there
is.
It's just what you feel from
the river bank.
You know the other day I wanted
to talk about Sade.
Yes, the tall slender girl with
a pointed nose.
Exactly. Remember how much we
admired her height but called her a cry baby?
Yes, Sade our cry mistress
whose eyes would go teary at the slightest confrontation.
You know we all thought she was
a spoilt kid who had it all.
Last night, Sade invited me
over. She truly has it all. I've never seen a girl so broken.
Life punches aren't always fair
but some may as well receive gunshots daily.
Hiding in the closet, I saw how
much of a nightmare a "home" could be.
I'm glad my hands hasn't gone
numb like my mouth. But I must tell you this, Sade doesn't like flashy dresses.
They are the distractions you
need. Just enough to conceal every shade of her being.
If she dropped a tear, it's
because of how much she's cried within.
©️ Comfort Agbebaku 2022
Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave your comment below. I read and respond to all comments. Thank you.