MASK UP 2020




They once said " I am the Iroko" but here comes the 'koboko' whipping every part of them

Yes wipping many cities with men as old as the Iroko tree
Mama said 'Otapiapia' killed fast but here I have seen something faster
A respecter of no age or status
One that pierces into the soul through the prettiest pages
Then we would rub our faces and smile at our beauty
If only we knew they would be forbidden
And our sneezing no longer a blessing
We would have cherished those moments longer
Poke all pimple in public and receive as much blessing as we could
Those have now become the gate to 'hell'
Yelling won't help
Talking is a snare
Mama I need to breathe some air
Who knew I would get suffocated some day
Yes by my doing just to keep living
Hustling you taught me
The streets won't eat me
Can you see for yourself how good it is that I learnt to be busy indoors?
I begged you not to curse youths for clinging to their devices.
 Now you praise us for our decisive actions
I want to ask you.
Can this plague be stopped?
Can you cover them in the pot?

Just the way you had me warm and pronounced me healthy at dawn?

I trust your confidence to confront any challenge
Yet I beg you,
 Put the pestle to rest and mask up your fears.
For it would be over soon.


Stay safe! CORONA VIRUS IS REAL.