![]() |
| CHAPTER ONE |
" Your food" She said pushing a tray through the dog door. I was not an animal. How long would I be treated as one? Maybe there would be no release. Probably I could be free once my soul expires.
I can't wait to purge the last string in me. But there was Kenneth my love. I could do anything for him. It could be worth it. Could it not? "No!" I screamed this thoughts were coming again my head felt like exploding, my body vibrating like one who has been surrounded by the dangerous electric fish. I never convulsed as a kid but I should have been used to shivering. "Hey" I shouted this time so loud to attract the nurses.
My visions were blur but all I could make out was her coming towards me with the vibrator and a plate of beans. Oh she was coming to torment me again.' Why was my life this way?'
Well, this time I would not let her. I would drag her and bite her so hard. I wouldn't allow her again, I was damaged but I don't think i could withstand any more hurt.
"Ouch someone help, the sedatives please" the lady screamed. Oh no I had bitten my favourite nurse now these people would not release me. Yesterday, I heard the psychiatrist telling Kenneth I would be fine in a week. I wanted to go home to my kids but my head, these toys keep playing.
" Please I'm sorry " I apologised but it was too late. The doctor was already here with that evil syringe. "Has she eaten?" he asked. Of course, I had thrown the plate of beans the other nurse brought. If only they knew what it reminded me of they would never give it to me. Or maybe it was a healing process. " Yes she has eaten" Nurse Favour replied. With that, he injected me and I fell to one of my favourite places in the world. The years I stayed away from home. My sweet years of schooling and how I met Ken.
I would speak only of the later. Then I would find the courage someday to tell the rest part of my story.
Ken had pleaded I tell the therapist, Dr Sarah. But I wasn't mad like he thought. I was just always having scary dreams. Oh Yes I knew I did some pretty silly things but it was all out of tension.
All had been fine till Ken started listening to her. He ruined everything, I hated him for that. I hate him for bringing me here, away from my kids but I miss his face. Sleeping alone isn't fun. I miss the many games we play at night even the times we were at home during the day. Oh my Ken so playful. Do you know he once gave the kids sleeping pills in the afternoon just to have me all to himself?
Just when I think of it, I have these butterflies in my stomach. We had so much fun while dating.
Read Chapter 2
