PRISONER ( PROLOGUE)


PROLOGUE
IF ONLY 

I stood beside the kitchen window, tears running down my eyes. Yes water as sour as lime choked from its tree. If only the blood could run quickly and cause this soul to expire. Probably the dust would tell my story . Maybe the wind would pass my message across the world. But I desire to live. Who knows it could be worth the effort.






The smell of the stew reminded me of her cooking. They could arouse the appetite of a well fed lion. Oh Yes I was a lion kept in the cage. Shielded from wild thoughts and the horrors of the day.






 I had longed for a time to be free. Yes I couldn’t be convinced I was vicious.  I felt preyed in my routine. Then it came, yes I was allowed to roam around the jungle. Little did I know my feet were tied to the roots and my actions determined by forces greater than mine.





“HEY ” I turned around to be alerted of my burning food. My face swollen with anguish. It’s been ruined. Everything has always been.





How I allowed her words cut deeply into me. I wonder what would have become of me if I hadn’t listened.





The voices the screams keep echoing. I felt faint. “ How did I get here? “ I questioned.
If I  couldn’t understand, then who would. It’s just a pity that for the first time I decided to love but the chances seems slim. It would be difficult to cope. Or maybe I should fight harder maybe these demons could be purged.





Taking the pot of stew, I emptied into the waste bin. “ What a waste!” Well it has become a routine. This time, I’d empty my thoughts and wait for the collector . Maybe only then would  I be free.



ABOUT THE NOVEL- PRISONER

It tells the story of a young girl  who was deprived of childhood. As an adult she faces a lot of trauma adduced to emotional  and physical abuse at her early stage.
For once, she decides to think, act and decide for herself all for the game of Love. How much trouble she faces as she struggles with greater forces.!
How does the discovery of an old box answers most of her questions?
Watch out as the writer takes you into this imaginative life story of Love and hate, Family and betrayal, sympathy and empathy.