I THINK I'VE MET SOMEONE (A STORY - SERIES 4)

RESCUED.
"Young lady are you alright? "  Tobi asked. How could I be? It was as if I met a ghost or do I say a living ghost? Whatever it was, I can't explain.






"Beauty can you hear me?" He asked again. But the words fail to come out from my mouth. I felt faint. I had been driving for over an hour now. It was a miracle I hit the pole if not, I would have been drowning in Lafenwa river. Not even my swimming skills would save me for my thoughts were heavier than the weight of twenty well built wrestlers.




Opening the front door, I felt his hands take over me and I rested my weak heads on the shoulder. The rest story I can't relate. I woke up to find myself lying on a small bed. The environment looked like a hospital. Attempting to rise, I discovered my hands had a drip attached to it and my backs felt no live. No! It couldn't happen. "What exactly was I thinking to get into such an accident"




"Miss Owen, you shouldn't stress your body. You would be fine really soon" A young nurse replied. She was so pretty and smiled a lot. She reminded me of those times with Tobi when I felt relaxed. The lady was dark skinned and not even her nurse coat could hide her figure 'eight'. Ah Jenny, see your life. You were more attractive than this.




"Ouch my head hurts!"
"Sorry madam you would be fine. Let me get the doctor" the nurse said and made attempt to leave. But I drew her back. I needed to know where I was and how I got here.




The nurse whose name is TITI explained that a young man brought me here. This was one of the best Medical centres in Ogun state. Federal Medical Centre (FMC )at Abeokuta! Wow I had always pass this route to and fro work. I also remember accompanying my neighbours son here when he was sick with typhoid. But I hated hospitals. The smell of syringe and all. I just wish I could leave already.




Oh here comes the doctor. I think the staff in this medical centre are really friendly. Mr Azubike was very warm with me. He explained I had minor head cuts which has been stitched and needed rest and blood since I've lost some. "Blood ke, I don't do such o" . I explained to him my conscience wouldn't allow me take in blood and opted for other alternatives. Which includes a lot of multi vitamins. I would need some days off work but first I need to get out of here if these doctors would agree.




"Hey, someone is here to see you" Nurse TITI said. I wonder if this lady wouldn't go for shift. This is the 8th hour she's been attending to me . (You know na, timing has never been my thing).




I wonder who that could be. Maybe Grace but I doubt she would know where I was. My phones were off and she would have no clue. Oh no! She must be worried sick. I hope she doesn't call my mum o. "My phones, where are they ?" I asked the nurse.
"The man who brought you here may answer that question " She said and left. Then, one tall man entered the room holding a bunch of flowers. I didn't think I've Met him before.




"Good evening Miss Jennifer Owen, how are you  feeling?" He said stretching the flowers towards me. I collected them feigning a smile , I was too weak. But what a formality! He sat on the chair beside my bed so quiet and I didn't want to start the conversation.




Then the second Jenny remembered her phone. "Please my phones" I said rather requested. He handed them over to me and just as I was about switching them on, he coughed to gain my attention. I starred at him.




"Don't you think you're forgetting something Miss?" He asked. See my life o, I didn't even ask how he got my phone because last I remembered, I was clinging to the man I lost few years ago. "How did you know me?" I asked. That was all it took to open his wide mouth. I never knew he could talk a lot. He tried convincing me he was the one who Rescued me from the scene.



 " A good samaritan I must say".His points were quite positioned but I found it difficult to believe it wasn't Tobi, I mean my boss who found me. Maybe the cut in my head had affected my reasoning but I knew what I saw. Anyways I thanked  Mr Joshua as he introduced himself. He promised to get me out of this place by tomorrow morning and I hope he did. Maybe then I could consider his friendship.




"Goodnight beautiful" he said kissing my knuckles. I bid him goodnight and switched my phone on. Then, I saw a lot of messages from the staff of the organisation I work for. 12 messages from Grace. No doubt she was worried sick. So I called her immediately and she almost came if not I warned that visiting time was over.
Next morning, Joshua came to fill the necessary documents and pick me up. Grace was there too and she kept giving waring look to Josh. I was glad she was properly dressed and to think I mattered so much to her that she left the office for me. I know she would be queried.




We rode in Joshua's car to my apartment.  Grace assisted me to my room . She didn't like Joshua. It was so obvious and that was a first. Grace not liking a man with such good looks!  These days even a hungry monkey would reject bananas (what can I say).




I watched through my bedroom window as Grace sent Josh off after a brief discussion.  I later found out they were discussing about my car which was being fixed at a mechanical work shop.




Grace stayed for about an hour with me then she left for work after getting a message from the new boss demanding the reason for her absence.




I was sent a text from the company. Urging me to have a two weeks bed rest before returning for work. True I needed that but I feared what  I would be thinking.
Why is my life in circles?