I THINK I’VE MET SOMEONE (A STORY - SERIES 2)

HEART BEATS 

If you attended UNIBEN, then you would know what it meant to be a first class student of Mass communication. I got the brains from someone I must say.
Ok o.


Exams is over and we were very happy. It was a great day for everyone. Students were busy taking pictures.




Gosh! You need to see displays of shoes. Words would fail me to describe the experience. But I felt so elated, I needed not to worry about getting a job.


Being the best graduating student in the department, my award included an automatic employment as a graduate assistant. My mother’s prayers were already answered.


Oh my! How could I forget, a gentleman was waiting under the sun for me.


Like a stag, I ran to his warm embrace. My guy got stamina, if not, that weight could have fallen him.


Well I was just 63kg was it too much for a girl of 22? That’s your business. Whatever it was, Tobi not only embraced me, but lifted me like I was paper. I always knew he was well built but never believed he could carry me so high like that.


I did not delay giving him a peck. I forgot I was a shy kid from Ekpoma.
I wasted no time in entering his car. I knew he got plans for me. His eyes were all about it.


As generous as he could be, he asked me to call some of my friends to have a nice time.
I felt jealous (forget it, I’m a lady na). I wanted to remind him I’ve got plans with my friends to celebrate the next day and a party with my course mates over the weekend.


But you see those eyes, I couldn’t refuse its request. So I called Esther and Joy. They were my closest friends aside Samuel. I did not call Samuel because I knew Tobi was always jealous of how much we were fond of each other. I’ll beg Sammy (As I always call him) later. I know he would understand.


So the three of us left for a "nice time out" as Tobi would say. And I didn’t tell you, Tobi’s right hand did not leave my thigh. His touch felt like the warm flow of water from my village river. As much as I wanted him to stop, I enjoyed it.


I saw lust in his eyes for the first time. I could tell he was imagining how tender my hips  were. But no, he wouldn’t dare tell me to pull the cloths. Never! We had an  agreement to remain celibate till we were married.
So I kept smiling like a monkey presented bananas.


My friends had a nice time, I could say we visited the entire Benin that day.


By 5pm, they were already tired. So we dropped them at home. I was a bit tired but I would not admit to it. Tobi knew I was tired, but he was too selfish to let me go. (He needed to)


He had taken the entire day off work to be with me. For two weeks since my exam started, I had not seen him and when he called, it was to ask how far I had gone with my books.


Intentionally, he had travelled to Lagos for business. I knew he did it to stay away from me.


We had to make-up for lost times. So we headed straight to a resort at by-pass. It was wonderful. I never knew they had a nice park. We usually stopped by the bakery to get bread whenever we were going to the village. 

I had a nice time in the pool too, when I mean nice time, I meant it. I was a good swimmer but I never knew my Yoruba guy could swim too.


And gosh! I was stunned. I could not hide my surprise. I hadn’t seen a guy so cute. Well, how could I? I was an only child and my father wouldn’t allow me have male company. If I had, physical admiration would come last. (You know I’m joking, I’m not stone).


But Tobi was just there, like he had it. No wonder guys like Tobi, “na girls dey rush them.”


He was on tight fitted boxers, ready for swimming. For the first time, I saw his chest. He was hairy and you know the story about hairy guys on bed. Hmm, I did not say I was thinking about that o.


Anyways, his bare skin revealed his well-built structure, any lady would die for his sexy body packs.


As he stood there, his breast kept moving in and out, it reminded me of how well Okonkwo was described by Chinua Achebe. Yes, I love novels. But I don’t know if he did that to arouse me. Whatever it was, I felt my pant got wet. And what, he just shaved his beard, he knew I love them. But I loved him more.


“Hmm Jenny baby, you must be kidding me” I said to myself trying to recover. Something within me said I should leave the water but I sure wanted my body on that chest.


“Beautiful, should I join you?” Yet another request. You know na, I could not say no. I just smiled and he knew it was a come in.
Hmmm. Yes we were in the pool together, I didn’t tell him I couldn’t swim. In fact, he knew I could. But he helped my hands push the water.


It felt nice, in the cold, I felt warmth in his arms. But I noticed his eyes wouldn’t leave my cleavages just the way his hands rested on my waist. It was a nice feeling, I didn’t feel wrong, I enjoyed the rhythm.


Then he whispered, “You know I love you”. Of course I knew, he was mad about me and I felt crazy in his arms. I just whispered “ I know you do” and he smiled.


We spent ten (10) minutes in the pool (Again I may be incorrect, I hated maths) and now we had to come out. It was getting late.


Our ride home would take an hour.
As we were preparing to leave, we were informed that the journey back to Benin was un save, a robbery just happened along the way and there was police shoot out. I confirmed from my friends, trust journalists na. It was true. So we decided to lodge.


Ouch!!! They had just a vacant room; many got the information before us and decided to lodge. My heart skipped. I had never shared a room with a guy. Yes, he was my boyfriend but we haven’t spent a night together.


I had a roommate and I wouldn’t sleep at a hotel. Did it really  matter? it was just a night together. So we booked.


To get the best out of our time, we headed to the bar. I was shocked, they were playing blues in a bar? And Tobi, where was he? We came to the bar together. I wanted to tell him they were playing his  favourite song.
Then I saw him, I was still on my logout cloth but he had changed to a different shirt.


Oh I forgot to tell you, he always had an extra cloth in his car. He hated dirt. If he got a stain on his cloth, he changed it almost immediately. In fact, he had made me extremely careful and I  kept my room sparkling because he usually came unannounced.



Read Series 3