OUR LOST WORLD
If only you could grab my hands and spin through the crowd.
If I could hear the voice once more and hold tightly your skirt
If only words could express how lost I felt in your presence
If you could see the Joy I expressed thinking you listened
If only we could walk back to the days I felt innocent in your arms
Then, I would grab your hands and never let go
I would tell
you how much I missed your lullabies
Oh! Your voice so angelic
I would tell you how much love was buried in the book you burnt
I would stroke each strand of your hair gently giving no place for weed
Mama, I would plant kisses on the wells of your face
Your eyes would speak only of happiness
Your tongues would produce words sweeter than sugar
It would be more nutritious than honey from its comb
Your ears I wouldn’t disturb I need them as active as they were.
Let’s go on an adventure
Emotions spurred like never before
Remember the ancestral tree at the palace?
Our love firmly rooted.
Only I’d take our journey farther
We would count the stars together
Yes, until you see me become one of them
My brightness shall illuminate you in our little world we lost
I’ll tell the world they misunderstood you and your name I’ll plant on their walls
For you have built a great Wall yet with a solid heart.
POET: COMFORT AGBEBAKU, 2018.
Continue reading
If only you could grab my hands and spin through the crowd.
If I could hear the voice once more and hold tightly your skirt
If only words could express how lost I felt in your presence
If you could see the Joy I expressed thinking you listened
If only we could walk back to the days I felt innocent in your arms
Then, I would grab your hands and never let go
I would tell
you how much I missed your lullabies
Oh! Your voice so angelic
I would tell you how much love was buried in the book you burnt
I would stroke each strand of your hair gently giving no place for weed
Mama, I would plant kisses on the wells of your face
Your eyes would speak only of happiness
Your tongues would produce words sweeter than sugar
It would be more nutritious than honey from its comb
Your ears I wouldn’t disturb I need them as active as they were.
Let’s go on an adventure
Emotions spurred like never before
Remember the ancestral tree at the palace?
Our love firmly rooted.
Only I’d take our journey farther
We would count the stars together
Yes, until you see me become one of them
My brightness shall illuminate you in our little world we lost
I’ll tell the world they misunderstood you and your name I’ll plant on their walls
For you have built a great Wall yet with a solid heart.
POET: COMFORT AGBEBAKU, 2018.
Continue reading
