BENNYS' LODGE 3 (A SERIES )


MEET TEGA
WARRI NEATY

"Abigail !" I heard someone call. Wow it was Bella and her tiny voice. She had such a beautiful voice that I'm sure the angels would dance to her melodies. She was on her apron apparently coming back from training.




I was glad to see her my day wasn't going too well. (You know relationship issues) .I was just heading towards the market to get some stuffs or to pass time.





"Nice to see you" She said this time hugging me.It was needed.





"Abby what's with the face?" She asked. I faked a smile but she wouldn't let it be.





"Come on" she pushed my shoulders lightly "let's fix your mood" She persisted this time handing me a nylon.Oh no,it looked like a pie."chicken pie baked by me" She said as if going through my mind.I hated pies but I grabbed it and told her thanks making my way but she dragged my hands. "I need to show you something please" Opps that was it and I followed her home like a young child.






"Stop right there" Someone barked as we opened the gate. I was suprised at the lady who welcomed us in with such a tone. It was a fair lady ,about the same height with me,as well as body build  just that she had a swollen cheek. What amazed me was her dressing. She was covered from head to toe,wore gloves,boots and even wore a face mask all in this heat. She must be from another planet.






While I was busy assessing her, Bella whispered" you don't want to annoy our Warri 'neaty' o". Delta babe? She did not even look African. She was just too white to be born in Nigeria.




 How could I not have noticed,the compound was very neat.She was still holding the tile brush and a mopping stick.






What! She had washed the interlock in the compound? This is amazing.
"Please hold your  footwear and clean your legs before coming in" She said this time smiling .My dear this was extreme but we obeyed and she seems happy.





"What a nice work you've done here" I complemented .
"Thanks, I'm Tega,fourth room, I serve here, a graduate of masscommunication at the University of Benin. ." What a talkative.  She could go on and on. But we just left her and headed for Bellas' room.






Towards evening , I decided to visit the market I skipped earlier. Bella decided to accompany me and so Tega. It was fun as we played while walking down. I almost forgot I had some boy friend working me up.






Our neaty Tega was pressed and needed to urinate. But you know how busy panseke road is. So we decided to stop at a clinic along mercy road. Tega and I pretended we needed to check our weight. But the price scared us.We just turned towards Bella to help us find a way out but she looked away.





"What of that aunty?" A nurse asked referring to Bella who already felt intimidated.We turned  back and told the nurse she was fine.As usual, they continued their gossip. But I felt bad for dragging Bella in. I think I'd have to help her gain self confidence more than concentrating on her stature. She is beautiful,caring,hardworking and more importantly,  she was human.




Read Story 4